Marlin Firearms Marlin Moment Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS SWEEPSTAKES. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR ODDS OF WINNING. VOID IN U.S. TERRITORIES AND PUERTO RICO AND WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED. A TWITTER® ACCOUNT IS REQUIRED IN ORDER TO ENTER THIS SWEEPSTAKES. BECOMING A MEMBER OF TWITTER IS FREE. TEXT MESSAGING IS NOT REQUIRED IN ORDER TO ENTER. EACH TEXT MESSAGE SENT OR RECEIVED MAY INCUR A CHARGE AS PROVIDED IN YOUR RATE PLAN. MESSAGE AND DATA RATES MAY APPLY. THIS PROMOTION IS IN NO WAY SPONSORED, ENDORSED OR ADMINISTERED BY TWITTER, INC.
1. Eligibility: The Marlin Firearms Marlin Moment Fall Sweepstakes (this “Sweepstakes”) is open to all legal residents of the 50 United States (excluding Puerto Rico) and Washington, D.C., who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry and are registered members in good standing of Twitter. If you do not have a Twitter account, create one at www.twitter.com. Employees of Sponsor, its affiliates, parent company, advertising, promotion or any other agencies or entities involved with this Sweepstakes and members of their families (parents, siblings, children, and their respective spouses) and/or those residing in the same household (whether related or not) of each of the above are not eligible to participate in this Sweepstakes.
2. Sponsor: This Sweepstakes is sponsored by Remington Arms Company, LLC, P.O. Box 1871, Madison, NC 27025, USA (“Sponsor”).
3. Sweepstakes Period: This Sweepstakes begins August 18, 2012 at 12:00:00 pm EDT and ends October 27, 2012 at 11:59:59 pm EDT (the “Sweepstakes Period”). Sponsor's computer is the official time-keeping device for this Sweepstakes.
4. How To Enter: During the Sweepstakes Period, enter by (A) visiting twitter.com/MarlinFirearms (the “Marlin Firearms Twitter Page”) and following @MarlinFirearms on Twitter.com, and (B) submitting an @ reply to @MarlinFirearms via Twitter describing your favorite Marlin Moment. A Marlin Moment is a special experience, adventure or memory including you and Marlin firearms. Tell us how Marlin has been a part of your life and hunting experience. If your Twitter account is set to “protected mode”, your responses may not be visible to Sponsor’s @MarlinFirearms inbox, and may not constitute an entry into this Sweepstakes unless entrant has previously consented to permit Sponsor to see entrant’s Twitter updates. Tweets sent and not received by Sponsor will not be entered into this Sweepstakes. All entries must comply with Twitter.com’s Terms of Services and Twitter Rules available at Twitter.com. All entries must comply with the Twitter Terms of Service and Twitter Rules available at Twitter.com. Tweets must not contain profanity, violence, threatening language, illegal or offensive material, derogatory or defamatory comments or gestures, or be inappropriate, indecent or obscene as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. All incomplete or non-conforming entries will be disqualified. Tweets become the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. Limit one (1) tweet per person per calendar week. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same Twitter account. Creating multiple Twitter accounts in order to exceed the limits on entries may result in the disqualification of all entries sent from such accounts. Proof of sending Tweets to @MarlinFirearms will not be deemed proof of delivery or receipt by Sponsor. In the event of a dispute over the identity of a winning entrant, the authorized subscriber of the Twitter account used to participate in this Sweepstakes will be deemed to be the entrant. Potential winner may be required to provide proof to Sponsor that he or she is the authorized subscriber of the Twitter account from which entry was made. All incomplete or non-conforming entries will be disqualified. Sponsor reserves the right to void all entries made through any script, macro, robotic, automatic, mechanical, programmed or similar duplication method. Any individual who attempts or otherwise encourages, directly or indirectly, the entry of multiple or false contact information under multiple identities, or uses any device or artifice to enter or encourage, directly or indirectly, multiple or false entries, as determined by Sponsor, will be disqualified. For a copy of these Official Rules, access and print them from www.marlinfirearms.com/marlinmoment (the “Website”).
By sending Tweets or opting to receive Sponsor's Tweets via your wireless mobile device (which may only be available via participating wireless carriers and is not required to enter this Sweepstakes), standard text messaging and/or data rates will apply for each text message sent or received from your handset according to the terms and conditions of your service agreement with your wireless carrier. Other charges may apply (e.g., airtime and carrier charges) and may appear on your mobile phone bill or be deducted from your prepaid account balance. Wireless carriers' rate plans may vary and you should contact your wireless carrier for more information on messaging rate plans and charges relating to your participation in this Sweepstakes. Participation in this Sweepstakes by mobile phone and text message means that you understand that you may receive additional text messages from Sponsor relating to this Sweepstakes, including notifying you if you are a potential winner in this Sweepstakes.
5. Drawing / Odds: Each week during the Sweepstakes Period, Sponsor will conduct a random drawing from among all eligible entries received prior to 11:59:59 pm EDT on Saturday to select three (1) potential prize winners. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received during the immediately preceding week. Entries do not carry over from week to week. Winners will be notified by Sponsor by tweet and/or direct message within two (2) business days after the applicable week ends and asked to provide his or her full name and shipping address. In order to receive a direct message from Sponsor, you must (a) be following @MarlinFirearms on Twitter and (b) have your account settings set to “unprotected” and/or “public.” Each potential winner will have two (2) business days to respond to the direct message, confirm eligibility and provide his or her name and shipping address. If the @MarlinFirearms account is blocked from contacting the user via Direct Message, or if a potential winner is found to be ineligible, cannot or does not comply with these Official Rules, or if prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, the potential winner will be disqualified and an alternative winner will be selected.
6. Prizes: Sponsor will award 30 Marlin prize packages (Approximate Retail Value: $155). Prize package is: 1 2012 Marlin Product Catalog, 1 Marlin License Plate, 1 Marlin Metal Camp Mug (18oz), 1 Marlin Laser Engraved Pen, 1 Marlin Cotton Woven Cap w/ 3-D Logo, 1 Marlin Blanket, and 1 Marlin Duffle Bag. Individual prize components selected by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Limit: one (1) prize per person. Winner is solely responsible for all costs and expenses incurred in connection with prize acceptance or use of the prize and not described as being awarded including, but not limited to, all applicable taxes (including, without limitation, sales tax, and federal, state and local income tax), and other costs incurred in claiming or using the prize. Actual value of prize may vary based on changes in value in prize components between beginning and end of Sweepstakes Period, and date of prize award. Any difference between the actual value of the prize and the approximate retail value set forth in these Official Rules may not be claimed and will not be awarded. No transfer, refund, substitution or replacement of prize permitted, except that the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to substitute a prize of equal or greater value (or cash equivalent). Manufacturers’ warranties apply. Sponsor makes no representation to winner as to the fitness or suitability of the prize, or individual prize components, for any purpose, and Sponsor hereby disclaims any and all warranties, express or implied, concerning the prize.
7. Release of Liability: By participating in this Sweepstakes, you release Sponsor, Twitter, Inc. and each of their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, employees, directors, agents, advertising agencies, and others associated with the implementation and/or operation of this Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes Entities”), from and against any and all injury, loss, or damage caused or claimed to be caused by your participation in such Sweepstakes and/or the acceptance, awarding, receipt, use and/or misuse of any prize. In the event that the preceding release is determined by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid or void for any reason, each entrant agrees that, by entering a Sweepstakes, (i) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with such Sweepstakes, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually without resort to any form of class action; (ii) any claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering such Sweepstakes, but in no event attorney's fees; and (iii) under no circumstances will any entrant be permitted to obtain any award for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased and any other damages, other than damages for actual out-of-pocket expenses. By participating in this Sweepstakes, entrant acknowledges and agrees that the Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible, and shall have no liability, for: (a) entries that contain incomplete or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Sweepstakes, or do not otherwise comply with or violate the Official Rules; (b) entries, prize claims or notifications that are late, incomplete, illegible, unintelligible, garbled, misdirected, or otherwise not received by Sponsor or its agents for any reason; (c) any typographical or other error in the printing or advertising of this Sweepstakes, or in the announcement of prize winners; (d) any problems or technical malfunctions, errors, omissions, interruptions, deletions, defects, delays in operation or transmission, communication failures or human error that may occur in the transmission, receipt or processing of entries, or for destruction of or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries; or (e) failed or unavailable hardware, network, software or telephone transmissions, damage to entrants’ or any person’s computer and/or its contents, or causes beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control that jeopardize the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes. Each entrant acknowledges and agrees that this Sweepstakes is not endorsed or sponsored by Twitter in any manner whatsoever.
8. General: All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply. By entering this Sweepstakes, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth in these Sweepstakes Rules. Sponsor is not responsible for: (i) lost, late, misdirected, damaged, garbled, or illegible entries/registrations; (ii) errors, omissions, interruptions, deletions, defects, delays in operation or transmission, theft or destruction, or unauthorized access to or alterations of entry/registration materials, or for technical, network, telephone equipment, electronic, computer, hardware, or software malfunctions of any kind, or inaccurate transmission of or failure to receive entry information by Sponsor on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site or any combination thereof; or (iii) any injury or damage to entrant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participating in a Sweepstakes. Sponsor reserves the right to: (a) permanently disqualify from a Sweepstakes any person it believes has intentionally violated these Sweepstakes Rules; and (b) suspend, modify or terminate a Sweepstakes if Sponsor believes, in its sole discretion, that malfunction, error, disruption or damage is impairing or will impair the administration, security, fairness, or integrity of such Sweepstakes. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any unauthorized entries, including, without limitation, multiple entries from the same person.
9. WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN INDIVIDUAL, WHETHER OR NOT AN ENTRANT, TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE, DESTROY, TAMPER OR VANDALIZE THIS WEB SITE OR INTERFERE WITH THE OPERATION OF A CONTEST, IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES AND DILIGENTLY PURSUE ALL REMEDIES AGAINST ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
11. Disputes: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of North Carolina, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules, which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of North Carolina. If any part of these Official Rules is deemed to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, the balance of the Official Rules shall remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with its terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein. Except where prohibited, entrants agree that: (1) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by a federal or state court located in Forsyth County, North Carolina, any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys' fees; and (2) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim indirect, punitive, incidental, and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased.
12. Winners List: A winners list will be posted at the Website on or after 11/4/2012, or send a self-addressed, stamped envelope on or before March 1, 2013, to Marlin Firearms Marlin Moment Fall Sweepstakes, Remington Arms Company, LLC, P.O. Box 1871, Madison, NC 27025, Attn: Winner List.
back to top